Savvy Ways to Spend Leftover Valentines Day Budget
It’s time to return to reality, but it doesn’t have to be a downer. Although Valentine’s Day passed only one week ago, you can never be too early to begin saving for the next holiday. While you may let go of your love affair or even a nice dinner out while still remaining within your budget, there are still some fun and
Here are some great ideas on how to celebrate love without breaking the bank.
First and foremost, you must understand your financial limitations. What is the maximum amount of money that you have leftover after all of your holiday expenses? If you’re unsure about how much money you have leftover after your last pay, take a look at your previous income and expenditures. That will provide a decent indication as to how much money you can
With that number in mind, here are some great ways to celebrate love at a low cost :
Take a walk on the romantic side. Take a walk around your neighborhood or even through the park if you have one nearby. This may be a very low-cost date, but it’s also really enjoyable! Enjoy the evening and spend some quality time with your significant other.
• Watch your favorite love story at home. Pick out your best romance flick and snuggle up on the couch together to watch it. It doesn’t matter if you own the movie or not, as long as it’s a quality love story that you can both enjoy.
• Visit your local library and pick out a new novel to read together. Take turns reading pages until you reach the end of the novel. Not only will your date night be completely free, but you’ll also have a fun activity to enjoy together.
• Go on an adventure. Browse through the newspaper until you find coupons for your local zoo, aquarium, or museum. If you can’t find any deals, stop by one of these places and see if they’re offering a student discount for entry.
• Bake a treat at home. Spend the evening baking your favorite desserts together. If you aren’t an experienced baker, it doesn’t matter! Watch some tutorials on YouTube and learn how to make something new. Once you have the finished product, enjoy it with a glass of wine or bubbly water.
• Go out to eat. It might seem like a lot of money, but if you think about it, going out to eat is much cheaper than other dating options. If you’re both on a tight budget, treat yourselves to an affordable meal at a nearby restaurant.
• Host a themed dinner party. In order to be as frugal as possible, try hosting the party at your home. Set up decorations and get creative with your menu. Ask friends to bring their favorite foods or dessert to share, or ask them all to dress up in a specific theme.
• Keep it simple. The best way to make the most of your budget is by keeping things simple. Don’t feel like you have to plan something.